..................Welcome........

1/18/13

Very Prickly...


Mr Mole was now on his way to see the Dutchess...

He was talking to himself out loud...whilst stumbling over the dark forest path heading to Hilltop Hall.

- Lets me see, said C... there's Miss Moussie... making a present for Horatio Hog... I'm sure about that... There's Elvira,making a nutty present for...I don't know, but I think it must be Who... Who loves nutty! Then there's Who ..who's making a present for..I don't know WHO,but I think it could be Gustave because he was sitting at Gustave pond... pondering...! And then there's Gustave... singing in bubbles... so I think he is making presently at this moment a song for Miss Moussie... or maybe for our Dutchess... and then there's me... and I'm going to make a gift for myself... hahaaa... no no no... this can not be...

Half an our... and a lot of worrying later... Mr C arrived at Hilltop Hall.
It was pitch dark... C's lantern died a few minutes before arrival and now the world was without light... It was ever so silent at Hilltop Hall... not a creature was stirring... not even a mouse..!
Mr C pushed himself through the crack in the wall... and entered the kitchen...
Nobody there... just a little flame simmering in the wood stove...the ticking of the cuckoo clock...and some left over apple pie on the table..

-Youhoe....whispered C..yyouhhoe....anybody home..
There was no answer..
-I'm to late whispered C..I think our dear Dutchess already went up to bed...?
Then...something happened that gave Mr C the most frightful fright he was ever to experience in his whole life..something came out of nowhere...or maybe from behind the curtains....and attacked him..!! And the' thing' made a very scarry ghostly sound..like....GRrOWWwLLL.....and it was prickly ..very very prickly..

4 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Do not tell me this is Greta from the Great Beyond of Nowhere? Whoever it is, he is JUST ADORABLE! I don't think anyone has to worry about any fright on the Hilltop, for all the characters of this beloved place have one thing in their hearts that cannot possibly render them evil:

LOVE.

YOU ARE ALL SOOOOO CUTE! Lovely illustrations dearest Dutchess! Nita

jerilanders said...

Ouch! Those prickles DO hurt!

Noelle the dreamer said...

Oh what a lovely world you have created!
Thank you for letting us 'step in' and enjoy!

Bumpkin Hill said...

It is always a pure joy to come and visit and lose myself in your world :) Catherine x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin